Thursday, September 30, 2010

SHOW SOME SKIN(s), DEER...

This past weekend my boyfriend played a gig at a housewarming party for our friends Katie and McKay. Walking into the 4th of July-themed party, I immediately died over McKay's eye-catching pants (he clearly went the more woodstock-chic Americana route). Although you would probably never catch him wearing them outside the comfort of his own backyard (which he totally should!), I knew there must be an amazing story behind the pants. McKay informed me that his father had in fact shot the deer and made the pants himself in the sixties (Katie later told me that they had a matching lace up tunic that actually has the bullseye on it, which I didn't get a chance to see:(. These pants would be an amazing DIY project if you actually shoot deer, and aren't afraid of lyme's disease. 


I really like the way he paired the rugged statement pants with a really chic gentlemanly croc belt (how 70's Gucci and very current Ralph)! For men willing to try this look, but would like to add a shirt, I would suggest pairing it with:

-Blue Oxford Ralph Lauren shirt


-Vintage Gucci bit loafer



Even Elin Kling digs the trend!

Acne suede skinnies. Photo: Elin Kling


xLiz

No comments:

Post a Comment