Friday, August 27, 2010

KISS AND MAKEUP

I don't believe in buying tons of makeup. Why waste your money on things you never use that go bad over time? Instead, I opt to buy makeup that I wear everyday, things I can't live without (these items would be my answer to the "if you were stranded on a desert island" question, and my dog Izzy). Once a season I'll buy a special lipstick (usually YSL or Chanel in shades of red and bubblegum pink) that will give more variation to my routine. I love a sun-kissed face, liquid-lined cat eyes and a pale, glossy lip colour. I adore the sultry look of Brigitte Bardot, who took it up a notch with heavily lined eyes and the simple fresh-faced Jean Seberg. Basically, my inspiration is simple, any 60's beauty that is blonde, smokes and is french...


1. YSL Rouge Pure Shine Lipstick in #11: Many lipsticks claim to be moisturizing, but this is the only one I've found that actually is. Its consistency is more like a lip gloss than a lipstick. It's great for summer and winter.

2. Time Balm Concealer: I seriously love this concealer. It is all mineral, but not a powder like Bare Escentuals. It cover up everything without looking like you have too much makeup on. I generally just use coverup under my eyes, but if your complexion is looking so-so and you need to use on your entire face, I suggest mixing with moisturizer on the top of your hand (I like cetaphil) and apply for a more natural look.

3. Dior Show Mascara: I don't think I could live without this! Even when Ursula Andress emerged from the ocean in "Dr. No" she had a good five coats of mascara on her lashes (water-proof, of course). My theory on mascara is that you can never have too much on!

4. Stila Eyeshadow in Kitten: I have been wearing this since high school. It is the best everyday eyeshadow that compliments a wide range of complexions. The slightly shimmery nude shadow looks great with thick eyeliner, but also looks amazing if you want a quick routine of shadow and mascara.

5. NARS Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight: My friend Beaty turned me on to this lip gloss and it is always in my bag. The pinky-beige colour lightens your lips and gives them a pretty sheen.

6. Cargo Multi-Mix Bronzer: Sometimes using self-tanner on my face freaks me out because there is no turning back is you have an ooops moment. This bronzer is thin, moisturizing and liquid, so you can always wash it off.

7. Edward Bess Bronzer: I had the opportunity to meet Mr. Bess at Barney's and he signed my bronzer for me. He was adorable, but unfortunately signed in a silver pen that was not permanent. This bronzer is fab and never gives you that ever-attractive "dirty face" look. You can even wear it on top of the Cargo Multi-Mix bronzer on days when you're feeling particularly pasty.

8. Guerlain Terraccota Powder Kohl Liner: I love the exotic look of the vial it comes in with the pretty gold top. This powder liner is amazing for smoky eyes (a la Miss Bardot). To create a stronger less smudgy line, apply over your liquid liner on your top lids.

9. Lorac Liquid Liner in black: Perfect for a subtle black cat-eye, you can also use this liner as a base for powder liners. The felt tip brush makes liquid liner easy.

xLiz

No comments:

Post a Comment